turbine retrofit 500kw kaplan
Located in the City of Auburn, New York, on the Owasco River, this project involved the refurbishment of a dormant generating station. The scope included new civil, hydromechanical and electrical works, plus the procurement and installation of a new 500 kW turbine/generator.
- Chant provided FEL support (concept solution) and design management services from the very early stage of project development.
- Acted as permitting and connection agreement lead.
- Produced pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for the municipal owner and the municipally engaged ESCO provider (Siemens)
- Chant was the EPC contractor for the work.
- The project required legislative change to allow municipalities to both off-set embedded owned generation against purchases from the existing governing utility but also use the wires of that same utility to connect to the grid.
- There was a multiplicity of stakeholders involved in the project, including adjacent residents.
- Project successfully delivered on a lump sum EPC basis.