The project involved the full design, procurement, construction, commissioning, training of client personnel and start-up of a 223 km transmission system (which included substations, a synchronous condenser, distribution under build, a diesel generator/grid transfer facility in Dawson and modifications to the hydropower generation source connection in Mayo).
- Chant self-performed the design (lines and stations)
- Provided overall project and construction management as the design-build contractor.
- Wooden pole transmission line structures with 36 km of under built distribution line. Governing span of 100 m.
- Alignment changes during the work were necessary to capture additional power purchasers and address Placer Miner needs adjacent to the right of way.
- The right of way included areas of poor ground conditions, environmentally sensitive soils (that required specific access strategies and working procedures) and permafrost conditions .
- Substation design included the performance of extensive studies, engineering and coordination with Yukon Energy. Chant was responsible for production of control logic, design briefs and drawings, as-built drawings, operations and maintenance manuals and training operators in the system.